‘Ghost Touch’, as the same itself signifies, occurs when your iPhone starts to perform actions on its own, without any external touch. Such little actions when the screen reacts to non-existent touches it not only looks creepy, but these strange actions become also annoying.
Here are ways in which you can repair your iPhone at home without looking for iPhone repair in England
Clean the touchscreen:
A dirty screen may hamper the way the screen of the iPhone perceives your touch, so start off by cleaning it.
- Turn off the phone and unplug all connected cables
- Slightly dampen a clean and soft lint-free cloth with warm water
- Wipe the screen firmly from one end to the other, avoiding openings.
Remove the Screen Protector:
Air pockets under screen protectors can cause dirt and debris to collect and cause ghost touch.
- Start at one corner by using a pointed small tip object to lift the screen guard off the screen without scratching the device
- Gradually peel of the cover.
- If the protector seems to be damaged, and cracked, get it removed at a qualified repair shop.
Restart the iPhone:
- Hold the Side button and any one of the Volume buttons until the Slide to power off appears.
- Slide the Power off to the right
- After shutdown. Hold the Side button and wait until the Apple logo appears
- Force restart the iPhone: You must avoid force restarting your iPhone as it might result in loss of date as it instantly shuts down the phone along with all running applications, but if you need to do it, then follow these steps
- Press and hold the Sleep/Wake Button along with the Home (For iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 plus)/ Volume Down (For iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 plus) Button.
- For models above iPhone 8 the process is slightly different. Press and quickly release the Volume Up button, then the Volume Down button and then hold the Side Button.
- Release the buttons when the Apple Logo appears.
- Update iOS: Another method is to update the iOS and for that follow these steps
- Open Settings and select General.
- Tap on Software Update
- Tap on Download and Install or Install
- Factory reset the iPhone: If the earlier methods don’t work, then try to reset your phone after backing up your phone data.
- To reset, open Settings
- Tap on General
- Scroll down and tap on Reset
- Tap on Erase all Content and Settings and enter your passcode or password
- Tap Erase
- Take it to iPhone repair service center: If even after doing all the above your iPhone is still suffering from Ghost Touch, the issue might be severe and related to the hardware like loose connections, broken screen, circuitry issues, short circuits etc. iPhone or iPad mini screen replacement might be the option left in some cases. Contact professional trusted repair centers such as iFixed who get your phone repaired at the place of your convenience by skilled technicians along with Lifetime Repair Warranty.